An exciting opportunity has arisen to lead the estates team. The Head of Estates is responsible for planning, managing and implementing a comprehensive maintenance programme across the school. The post holder will proactively manage a team to ensure the security, cleanliness, maintenance and health and safety of the school and site. The post holder will report to the Director of Finance & Operations (DFO), ensure compliance with legislation and policy, and assist the DFO in developing the school facilities.
- Provide high-quality management of the school’s estates to ensure the security, cleanliness, maintenance and health and safety of the school and grounds including the management of the school’s outdoor swimming pool
- Manage the estates team including monitoring performance, undertaking appraisals and identifying professional development for individuals and the team, staff absence reporting, conducting return to work interviews and discipline procedures
- Ensure that there is always sufficient staff on-site to provide for the day-to- day requirements and respond to any estates matters arising and utility provision
- The Head of Estates is responsible for planning, managing and implementing a comprehensive maintenance programme across the entire school.
- The post holder will report to the DFO, ensure compliance with legislation and policy, and assist the DFO in developing school facilities.
- Maintain excellent electronic records, as required proactively research updates and relevant changes to legislation and good practice and advise of actions arising
- Be an alarm contact person responsible for back-up/support and helping with out-of-hours problems, alarms etc when required
How to apply
- Send either your completed application form to the Virginia Parkes, together with a covering letter by the deadline
- Ensure your covering letter demonstrates why you want this position, why you would like to work at Beech Hall
- You are encouraged to make an appointment to view the school, or to have an initial conversation with the Director of Finance and Operations on the telephone
Requests for an application form should be made to the Virginia Parkes email@example.com or by telephoning 01625 422 192.