Our webinar programme for member schools
continues to provide additional support during challenging
times. The webinars form part of our accredited training
The webinar format allows ISBA members to:
- 'tune-in' from their office or home; and
- pose questions to a panel of prominent speakers in
Our webinars are aimed at key members of the school's senior
management team as well as providing practical advice for staff in
support roles who are involved in the various aspects of the
school's the day-to-day running.
Webinars are facilitated by leading sector specialists and last
about an hour.
In addition to updates on teachers' pensions, and legal and
finance sessions, a selection of webinars that have taken place
recently have included:
- Leadership in Difficult Times with Sir John Timpson - how to
think ahead and step back from daily distractions.
- An Actuary's View of TPS with Richard Soldan - an insight into
the background pressures on school finances and staff relationships
with key information on recent changes in TPS rules which schools
should know about.
- Wellbeing for Staff with Kim Gregory - useful tips to repair
the damage the pandemic has done to the mental health of all.
- Where Now for the Economy with John Kelly - the basis for the
beginning of a five-year strategy for schools from now to
- Where Now for the Independent Sector with Mungo Dunnett - an
informed view against which assumptions in schools' five-year plans
can be checked and altered if necessary.
- Brexit - Where Now for the Economy with Edward Smith -
factoring change into schools' strategies.