ISBA exists to help you succeed in
your role. Our services will assist you, interest you, motivate you
and develop you throughout your independent school career. Joining
ISBA means you will be joining hundreds of like-minded bursars and
senior management staff focused on sharing knowledge, ideas and
best practice from across the sector.
the ISBA provides you and your school with:
- the latest guidance and legislative updates as well as model
policies you can download and easily adapt to suit your own school
from our popular online reference library;
- online forums enabling you to chat online with other members
about operational issues, share best practice and learn from
- a well respected and comprehensive accredited professional
development programme covering legal, HR, inspections and other key
operational issues and tailored to suit all levels - from the new
bursar just started in post to the experienced bursar who just
wishes to brush up on his/her knowledge;
- online webinars enabling you to learn, without leaving your
desk, about a range of topics of interest;
- an extensive support network through ISBA regional group
meetings (open to a nominated member of your senior support
- information, advice and networking opportunities and the chance
to hear nationally renowned speakers at the ISBA Annual Conference.
The 2021 Conference will be held at the Manchester
Central Convention Complex on Tuesday 25 and Wednesday 26 May.
- a copy of the useful 'Bursar's Guide' - providing the latest
information on legislation affecting schools;
- termly copies of our magazine - The Bursar's Review - as well as weekly
and monthly e-bulletins covering the latest legal, financial and HR
news plus lots more;
vacancies to help you find your next role in independent
school business, finance or administration;
- a mentoring, appraisal, locum and recruitment service
available to those seeking professional development support or
wishing to fill a school vacancy; and
- a searchable member directory helping you connect with fellow
bursars across the country.
"The information schools receive is
incredible especially in light of the inundation of it from so many
sources… ISBA is the place to go for the facts".
Sam Cottenden, HR and Compliance Manager at Lochinver House