We offer an extensive range of advice,
support and research services to bursars and senior management
staff on all types of school operational issues from employment,
financial management, regulatory and legislative compliance,
technology, facilities management and more.
We offer schools:
- the latest guidance and legislative briefings as well as a
range of model policies to download from our popular online
- consultant bursars who are available to help and support member
schools when they find they have a gap between the outgoing and
incoming bursar or to cover periods of sickness/maternity or annual
- a well respected and comprehensive professional development
programme covering finance, legal, HR, inspections and other key
operational issues and tailored to suit staff at all levels;
- online webinars on a range of topics;
- information, advice and networking opportunities and the chance
to hear nationally renowned speakers at the ISBA annual
- a useful 'Bursar's Guide' - providing the latest information on
legislation affecting schools;
- termly copies of our magazine - The Bursar's Review - as well
as regular e-newsletters covering the latest legal, financial and
HR news plus lots more; and
- a popular job vacancies page where schools can advertise any of
their vacant bursary management roles for free.
ISBA works closely with professional advisers to independent
schools ensuring that schools are best placed to access the
commercial opportunities available to them. Firms which can
offer schools a cost-effective and reliable service and wish to
gain a higher profile within the independent sector are invited to
connect with us in a number of different ways.
We offer businesses:
To find out more please visit our business hub.