- Salary: commensurate with experience, with a range of £37-42 (to discuss)
Our School uses innovative methods for teaching and learning; we have our very own Director of Academic Research & Innovation, to whom the successful candidate will report. All teachers and students have an iPad and many other members of staff too so naturally we have a strong need for an AV & IT wizard to lead our team of IT technicians (1x full time Assistant and 1x part time technician). Since the birth of LIL in 2015, we have demonstrated an expertise in remote teaching and learning which has given birth to LIL Online this year. You can read more about this on our website and in the press. If you have an IT & Data Systems background, are a Jamf expert and have proven experience + expertise in AV, then we are interested in hearing from you.
- Leading a team of 2; act as a technical escalation for them, develop their skills, manage their performance, build a culture of collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Ensuring the day to day operational requirements of the school are covered including IT issues, AV bugs, covering zoom meetings and events etc.
- Providing support and maintenance of the school’s network, servers, software packages and computer equipment and AV hardware.
- Allow the effective use of ICT by all Team members and students and improve both their understanding of ICT and their experience of its use.
- Providing remote and face-to-face technical support.
- Being proactive when managing your own workload, troubleshooting issues and taking a proactive and preventative approach to work.
- Providing excellent customer service to all staff and students.
- Delivering a high quality, cost effective support service.
- Ensuring all equipment is accounted for and tracked.
- Performing continuous follow ups on various issues to ensure effectiveness and show initiative to improve systems and procedures.
- Acting as the in-house contact to all external contractors for IT & AV.
- Perform Data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Assist in the administration of the school’s communication systems including mobile phones, fixed lines, website and internet connection.
- Any other duties requested by the line manager or Senior Leadership Team.
- Ideally English & French speaker;
- Have strong, demonstrable, experience working with AV and IT systems within an operational team.
- Have strong organisational skills in order to manage and account for all distributed equipment.
- Be a great communicator and have experience of people management, able to get the best from your team, developing their skills and managing performance.
- Have an understanding of H&S regulations.
- Be engaged with developments in technology and able to identify opportunities for improvements.
- Have a willingness to uphold high standards of H&S practice and challenge those who do not conform to those levels.
- Strong knowledge of GDPR and experience with SAR.
- Punctuality and flexibility is essential.
- Hold a technical degree and/or AVIXA CTS qualification.
- Have knowledge of coding, electronics or electro-mechanical systems.
We take great care of our most valuable asset - our team:
- 5.6 weeks holiday + approximately 2 additional weeks at Christmas
- Free 3-course meal daily, equivalent to £1,500/annum nontaxable
- Work phone
- Free hot beverages & fruit
- Discount at nearby businesses
- Perkbox reward account paid for by the school
- Weekly language classes (French and/or English) paid for by the school
- An opportunity to grow professionally including professional development oppoertunities
- Tuition remission 30%
- Incredibly talented, creative and friendly team
- Spacious and well equipped social spaces for staff (games room, roof terrace etc)
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the School as may be reasonable expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. This is a common occurrence and would not justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.