• Develop and deliver an events calendar and marketing plans, with year-on-year growth plans for securing new donors and uplifting existing supporters • Work with the marketing team to secure materials for events and promotional materials in order to steward the guests and supporters attending • Play an active role in the Foundations forthcoming fundraising campaigns working to targets as agreed with Director of Development • Develop and deliver a regular giving bursary strategy with year-on-year growth plans for securing new donors and uplifting existing supporters • Work with the marketing team to secure materials for appeals and promotional materials in order to steward the donors generated by these appeals • Support with The Foundation’s legacy fundraising, giving input in to developing materials to engage and facilitate those who wish to leave a legacy in support of the Foundation’s work. • Shortlist potential Trust and Foundation supporters and develop a calendar for applications and reporting where appropriate
• Work with colleagues in the Development Office to support major donor and individual giving from events and parent association fundraising • Work with the Director of Development to establish excellent relationships with PTA’s and establish your own committees/groups to support events where necessary. Always ensuring that members are confident, knowledgeable and actively engaged in supporting the chosen area of funding, promoting this with their networks and support them with ‘peer to peer’ asks where relevant. • Build good relations with teaching staff in order to understand and accurately reflect the Foundation’s work so as to inform and motivate supporters and produce accurate, inspiring presentations and proposals. • To steward and develop relationships with existing and potential donors on Foundation Day, alumni days and at bespoke school visits.
• Develop proposals and cases for support for donors tailored to their specific interests. • Write regular bespoke reports to donors about the impact of their support for major donors and mass updates for regular givers. • Work with the Marketing Team to develop a professional suite of materials for fundraising from individuals. • Develop donor recognition tools, and exciting and appealing ‘gift handles’.
• Devise and implement an ambitious donor stewardship plan for event guests and challenge event participants. • Set out clear milestones and KPIs and provide regular work plans which support the strategy. • Provide clear and accessible monthly reports, detailing income and expenditure. • Follow best practice in all aspects of fundraising, using the Institute of Fundraising Codes of Practice and adherence to the Fundraising Regulator rules. • Support the Director of Development and other team members to develop and deliver the wider fundraising strategy, supporting across income streams where necessary.
• Provide effective line management to any interns or volunteers brought in to support activities, and project manage colleagues with regards to bursary, legacy and individual giving fundraising.
The job description is a general outline of the job duties and responsibilities and may be amended as the Foundation’s Development Office develops and the role grows. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time, including regular attendance of events and meetings out of hours. The post holder will occasionally need to travel within the UK and work outside normal working hours for receptions, events and other key relationship building opportunities as required.
How to apply
Your application form should be completed in full and returned to applications@millhill. org.uk by 4.00pm on Friday 10 January 2020. Please note that we are unable to accept applications unless they are made on our own application form. Due to the large number of applications the School receives, please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to be invited for an interview.