Purpose of Role
o Ensure the effective delivery and development of the education provision and associated curriculum.
o Maintain and improve the quality of teaching
o Support and develop the teaching faculties.
Overview of the role
· Ensure that the educational provision and associated curriculum is implemented and developed, including the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of pupils.
o Ensure support for learning is integrated into the education provision and curriculum.
· Ensure that assessment processes are in place to systematically improve the quality of teaching.
· Ensure that teacher performance is appraised and that these appraisals meet the continuous professional development needs of teachers.
o Ensure teaching staff records are kept up to date.
· Work with the Bursar to ensure that a sufficient and equitable number of teachers of the required standard are in place to deliver the education offered in line with expectations set with current and prospective parents and pupils.
· Ensure the effective planning and execution of external examinations including the application of the regulatory standards of the Examination Boards.
· Work with teachers within the Faculty so that they comply with the School’s policies and practices to meet the standards of the School's Inspection Service and the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills.
· Provide the support needed by the teacher training course so that it is delivered well and integrates with the School including the selection and appraisal of tutors and the selection, appraisal and pastoral care of and for student teachers.
· Hold a minimum of six years teaching experience as a Steiner Waldorf trained teacher.
o Additionally a state-recognised teacher status and previous experience as a department head or similar preferred.
· Carry the confidence of teaching and non-teaching colleagues.
· Has a good understanding of the safeguarding agenda and shows a personal commitment to safeguarding.
· Have a working knowledge of educational and human resources regulations and standards or has the capacity and interest to develop the knowledge.
How to apply
To apply for this role you will be required to complete the school’s standard application form (which you can find on the Job Opportunities page of our school website) and return it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post with any requested supporting documentation.
Please note that it is not necessary to enclose a separate CV, although you may do so if you wish – however, we still require a completed application form.
You will be notified as soon as possible after the closing date, if you have been selected for an interview.
If you do not hear from us in the two weeks following the application deadline, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Previous applicants need not apply.