1. Organisational Development
1) Drive the implementation of HR strategy and action plans across the schools to ensure alignment with the company business plan and delivery of financial and operational objectives.
2) Ensure appropriate organisation design to deliver business objectives.
3) Manage and deliver proposals for organisational change.
4) Ensure revised organizational structure for WCC are aligned to agreed budget.
2. HR Team
1) Ensure capability of central office and school HR teams to enable delivery of HR strategy and company business plan
2) Develop and coach HR managers to upgrade competencies and level of service to the business
3) Undertake annual service review to gain internal customer feedback re HR performance levels
3. Executive Recruitment
1) Manage all Master, Bursar, Group Functional Director level recruitment for the WCC Board, WCC group level recruitment initiatives and support school Masters in the recruitment for senior positions as required.
2) Continue the development of selection methodologies to ensure the high quality of candidates and appointments.
1) Ensure remuneration policies attract, incentivise and retain high calibre talent (China and globally).
2) Review company benefits metrics each year and monitor the application of policy
3) Lead on group level medical insurance plan for both local and expat employees
4) Review and update group reward policy and appraisal policies and make sure the application of reward for performance.
5) Develop a Group Remuneration Committee to ensure adherence to the annual calendar of activities.
6) Develop relationship with the company’s LTIP Advisors, MM & K.
5. Talent Development
1) In liaison with the WCC HR Consultant, continue implementation of succession planning and talent management processes.
2) Develop and ensure annual training plan is implemented for WCC, aligned to the succession plan, and including a suite of HR training materials for induction
3) Ensure appraisal process continues on annual basis, incorporating roll out of values to middle and junior management. Oversee an annual review of appraisal across the group.
4) Ensure Individual Development Plans (IDP’s) are in place for all WCC SLTs and senior non-academic managers aligned to the company’s succession plan and individuals’ career plans.
1) Ensure appropriate communications strategies and mechanisms support the company’s external and internal requirements.
2) Maintain and develop relationships with other group level function heads.
3) Develop appropriate framework for employee information and consultation.
7. Employee Engagement
1) Development and maintenance of strategies to increase retention of talent, promote company values and self-driven personal development and accountability.
2) Develop group level engagement survey and ensure corrective action is taken following annual engagement surveys
3) Support business in developing culture of high performance, learning and development.
4) Continue to develop non-financial reward and recognition schemes to reward commitment and loyalty.
8. Employee Relations
1) Ensure alignment of WCC and school policies and procedures, which reflect best practice and legislative compliance.
2) Manage all WCC related employment issues including grievances, disciplinaries and dismissals.
3) Provide appropriate development for executives and management to ensure adequate and up to date knowledge of employment legislation.
9. Financials/Management Information
1) Ensure accurate statistical reporting on a monthly and annual basis by all schools and advise the Board and CEO of corrective action required.
2) Compilation and agreement of annual budgets for WCC HR.
3) Quarterly review of performance to budget for each section within the HR, and report on control of costs and variances to budget.
4) Implement and maintain key measures to assess performance of HR function and assess value-add.
10. Payroll and Pensions
1) Develop group payroll system and provide payroll calculation and payment service to school HR team.
2) Manage vendors for pension out sourcing
11. Other responsibilities
1) All staff are required to manage effective personal development as part of the Company’s commitment to invest in staff as the key resource in the organisation.
2) Each individual must ensure that they meet their statutory responsibilities and company policies with regard to Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and other relevant legislation.
3) Any other appropriate duties as agreed with the Chief Executive Officer.
4) To promote and adhere to the company Vision and Values