Due to a focused approach to improving sporting participation and performance within the school and more locally, we are seeking to appoint an experienced part-time, Sports Coach on a 12 month fixed-term contract to support the school PE/Sports programme and Sevenoaks Sports Camps. Preference will be given to coaches who demonstrate flexibility and are able to coach in a number of sports. This role is to start in September 2018.
24 coaching hours per week for 34 weeks term time plus 5 Sevenoaks Sports Camps each lasting 5 days, held during the school holidays. (These tend to occur for one week in each of October, February, Easter, May and the Summer holidays.)
- To be present at scheduled coaching/training sessions.
- To deliver training in accordance with recognised NGB and school standards within their specialist sport.
- To ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with the Health & Safety and Child Protection policies laid down by Sevenoaks School, the PE Department and the Sennocke Centre Manager (as appropriate).
- To ensure satisfactory conduct of pupils during the instruction periods.
- As appropriate - to give feedback to the Sports Performance & Programme Manager and Director of Sport on the progress of pupils.
- To accompany school sports teams to away fixtures.
Rate of Pay
The annual salary for the whole of this part-time role is £14,498, which will be paid in equal monthly instalments over the duration of the 12 month contract.
For further details please download the attached job description.
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for this role, please complete the online application form at http://www.sevenoaksschool.org/support-vacancies/. The form must be completed in full and submitted electronically. CV’s can also be submitted but cannot replace any information on the application form which should be submitted in full.