So You Want to be a Bursar?
If you are considering a new career as a bursar or a senior
member of the support staff within the independent school sector
why not come along to our popular 'So, You Want to be a Bursar?'
course which offers an insight into this stimulating and
challenging career. The course is a half-day briefing and is
available to non-members.
Aims of the course
The course will provide essential information on:
- the independent schools sector including the Independent
Schools Council (ISC) and constituent associations (including the
ISBA) and types of school (preparatory, senior, boarding, day
- necessary qualifications, experience and training
- roles and responsibilities of a bursar;
- current challenges facing independent schools including
political, regulatory and compliance issues;
- the differences between a school business manager in the
maintained sector and a bursar in the independent sector plus
changing support staff structures; and
- opportunities available and how to approach the job
Aspiring bursars and senior members of the support staff who
have considerable administrative management experience at a senior
The next course will take place on 10th January 2018 at the
Hampshire Court Hotel in Basingstoke. Please click
here for more details and to book.