The ISBA has an elected Board of Trustees. The board
consists of between eight and 12 members. In
addition, Scottish schools are represented by the Chairman of
the Scottish Bursars' Association who is a co-opted
The members of the ISBA Board are all serving bursars or school
business managers and bring expertise from a variety of
backgrounds. They use their wealth of knowledge and experience to
provide strategic direction to the association.
Board members serve for two years and they may seek re-election
for a further period of three years. After this they leave the
Board unless elected either Vice Chairman or Chairman. The
Chairman and Vice Chairman are elected at each Annual General
Meeting (AGM) and may not hold office for more than three years.
The ISBA is governed by its Articles of Association.
ISBA Board Members 2017-2018
- Alison Shakespeare - Chair and Business Director of Leicester
- Maureen Adams - Bursar, Rokeby School
- Rod Cook - Bursar, Queen Elizabeth's Hospital
- Jim Doherty - Foundation Secretary and Treasurer, Loughborough
- Paul Flowerday - Bursar and Clerk to the Governors, Micklefield
- Stephen Holliday - Bursar at Hurstpierpoint College
- Norman Patterson - Bursar, Luckley House School
- John Pratten - Bursar, Box Hill School
- Guy Ralphs - Bursar, Malvern College
- Penny Rudge - Bursar, Wolverhampton Grammar School
- Eleanor Sharman - Bursar, Rendcomb College
- John Wilder - Bursar, Moulsford Preparatory School
The ISBA Board must hold at least three meetings a year.
In practice, the Board aims to meet during January, March, May,
July and November.